llvm80-8.0.1_3 needs Python 3.6 at least, but 2.7 was specified.

Chris portmaster at BSDforge.com
Fri Feb 28 03:45:20 UTC 2020

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 19:52:23 +0000 Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org said

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 08:44:59AM -0800, Chris wrote:
> > I'm testing modifications of ports I maintain in
> > a jail. I have nothing in make.conf(5) except
> > DEVELOPER=true
> > But I get messages regarding python versions like:
> > llvm80-8.0.1_3 needs Python 3.6 at least, but 2.7 was specified.
> > But I make no demands on versions.
> > What causes this, and how can I stop it. :)
>
> Is your set of packages fully up to date?  IIRC other have had issues
> when they tried to install LLVM with out of date dependencies.
Thank you for taking the time to reply, Brooks!
Yep. Fully synced. In fact the whole jail was fresh. Only a new
world, and a fresh ports tree. Nothing had yet been built; which
explains the need for llvm8. But not the Python discrepancy. :/

Thanks again!

--Chris