Starting with poudriere

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Sun Feb 16 18:22:22 UTC 2020

@lbutlr writes:
 > [...]
 > Not sure I quite get how the Webserver lets your other machines get
 > the packages in such a way that they can be dropped in place, [...]

Nicely described in the DigitalOcean Tutorial[do] ....

But basically, you put your tree full of built packages somewhere
where they're accessible via http[s] and the you configure the pkg
system on the client machines to use that url instead of
pkg.freebsd.org (or whatever the standard is).

Other things are possible, you could put them on a file server, mount
them via NFS onto the client and configure the pkg system to use
file:// URLS....

g.

[do]: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-poudriere-build-system-to-create-packages-for-your-freebsd-servers