Debugging build with gmake, running npm toolchain

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Thu Feb 13 14:21:08 UTC 2020

> Am 13.02.2020 um 14:42 schrieb Marcin Cieslak <saper at saper.info>:
>
> On Wed, 12 Feb 2020, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>
>> The second issue is that npm install is invoked, which will most likely prevent the port to be built as a package. Is there a way to handle the download of the package-lock.json dependencies in the fetch stage?
>
> I have some hack in my private node-sass port: https://github.com/saper/ports-exp/tree/master/textproc/node-sass
>
> jrm@ has solved this in the late net-im/mastodon port by simply putting all JavaScript together
> in one tarball: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/net-im/mastodon/?pathrev=472547
>
> https://ftfl.ca/blog/2017-05-23-mastodon-freebsd.html
>
> The port got removed in https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=474751 <https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=474751>
Thanks for the pointers!

I'm currently trying to convince upstream to package the dependencies as vendor-like archives (for both Go modules and npms) and deploy them alongside the source release archive. That would allow me to treat these as additional distfiles, and simply unpack them into $WRKSRC.

I'm hoping that this would make the maintenance of the port halfway reasonable.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811