portmaster new development

LuMiWa lumiwa at dismail.de
Sun Dec 27 11:00:30 UTC 2020

On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 11:16:23 +0100
Michael Grimm <trashcan at ellael.org> wrote:

> Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> > El día domingo, diciembre 27, 2020 a las 09:22:42a. m. +0100, Kurt
> > Jaeger escribió:
>
> >> That works as well. I have a checkout of the ports tree, use
> >> make config to define non-default port options. This stores the
> >> selected OPTIONs in /var/db/ports/, and poudriere uses those
> >> options just fine.
>
> > Re/ the options, I copy them into the jail with something like this
> > procedure:
> >
> > # cd /usr/ports/mail/mutt
> > # make config
> >
> > # mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/freebsd-head-options/mail_mutt
> > # cp /var/db/ports/mail_mutt/options
> > /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/freebsd-head-options/mail_mutt
> >
> > 'freebsd-head' is the name of the poudriere jail (I have some of
> > them) and the ports options stay there, as well the make.conf
> > options in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/freebsd-head-make.conf
>

> I am following stable, and my jail's name has been set to stable.
>
> All of poudriere's settings/configs are kept in:
>
> 	/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d

The subject is 'portmaster new development' but again start pushing
poudriere to FreeBSD users. I do not use zfs file system and I do not
use poudriere and I do not want to use on my computer for building some
ports and then spending hours and hours with poudriere with not enough
machine. For me is portmaster perfect as is now.

--
“Waiter! A cup of coffee without cream, please!
I’m sorry, sir, we have no cream, only milk, so can it be a coffee

― Ernst Lubitsch’s Ninotchka