Firefox build failure, was Re: Silent stoppage building www/chromium

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Mon Aug 31 15:35:52 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 01:51:35AM +0200, Jan Beich wrote:

> The actual error appears to have been elided. Paste full output when
> restarting build (as text/plain) or upload poudriere log.
>
> www/firefox used to build fine on aarch64, see
> http://thunderx1.nyi.freebsd.org/data/latest-per-pkg/firefox/

Indeed, it even built on the Pi3 some months ago. The log I have is at
http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi3/firefox/
in case it contains some overlooked details.

In the meantime a clean restart is going, it looks like firefox
got bumped to version 80. Perhaps that'll make a difference. To
conserve resources I'm using a plain vanilla make. If use of a
ports management system is mandatory please warn me.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska