What are my options regarding deprecated PyPy port?

figosdev figosdev at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 25 21:12:38 UTC 2020

> the easiest way, if you build your own ports, is to svnlite update -r '{2020-03-29}' /usr/ports/security/w3af Note the date before removal from the ports tree.

Thanks, this is probably what I was looking for (a way to get a copy of the existing work if ports deletes it).

Forgive my lack of experience here-- does this imply that when something is "deleted" from ports-- it is like an edit in git or Wikipedia, where the old version still (typically) exists in the tree somewhere? Because if a year from now I can still get the old ports code from the older tree, that's good enough for me.

I also got the downloadable Linux ELF pre-compiled version from pypy.org to run in Linuxulator-- this has me covered for most of the stuff I do with Python, though for GUI stuff it doesn't seem to like the libc in /compat or the one I copied (a point for another list, but for me this solves most of my issue.)

Same GUI stuff runs on the native PyPy. I'm hoping the PyPy devs find a way to make this work, I intend to ask them if they can make a FreeBSD download again. They did one for FreeBSD64 a long time ago.

Thanks all.