Error: MOVED: net/kblog EXPIRED 2020-08-13 No longer shipped

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Sun Aug 16 07:12:51 UTC 2020

> On 16. Aug 2020, at 02:16, Carmel <carmel_ny at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 01:22:35 +0200, Christoph Moench-Tegeder stated:
>> ## Carmel (carmel_ny at outlook.com):
>>
>>> [00:00:01] Error: MOVED: net/kblog EXPIRED 2020-08-13 No longer
>>> shipped [00:00:01] Error: Fatal errors encountered gathering initial
>>> ports metadata
>>
>>> Has anyone seen this before, and how do I rectify it?
>>
>> What it says: net/kblog is gone (with the latest KDE Application update
>> in r544824, see
>> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?limit_changes=0&view=revision&revision=544824
>> for the full commit).
>> You need to remove that from your ports-list.txt.
>
> I would have expected to see something in"UPDATING". The only mention
> is in "MOVED": net/kblog||2020-08-13|No longer shipped

MOVED is the documented location for this kind of information, see

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/moved-and-updating-files.html

> Obviously, poudriere cannot handle this situation on its own. To bad.

Well, it kind of did. You explicitly asked it to build a port that has been removed and it informed you about the fact that the port no longer exists (and why). What else would you expect it to do?

Best,
Michael