How to build sysutils/edk2 at rpi4 (for example) that matches https://github.com/pftf/RPi4/releases/tag/v1.18 (for example)

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 06:45:02 UTC 2020

I noticed the sysutils/edk2 addition. So I've tried to figure
out how to use it to reproduce the pftf RPi4 V1.18 release
(as an example), by, say, adjusting the distinfo file to pick
up the matching source.

Looking at https://github.com/pftf/RPi4/releases/
there is a 4dd0f24 listed for the most recent release
(v1.18) that is a link to:

https://github.com/pftf/RPi4/commit/4dd0f24d03cf73ed8e7bd29f88d8e86779410e69

That in turn lists the release's changes for Submodules:

edk2
edk2-non-osi
edk2-platforms

that are references to the
https://github.com/tianocore/ material.

edk2 has an updated "222 files" link which takes one to
a page that shows the commit history ending at
aa211bb .

edk2-non-osi has an updated "4 files" link which takes
one to a page that shows the commit history ending at
4f88718 .

edk2-platforms has an updated "55 files" link which takes
one to a page that shows the commit history ending at
b2eebc1 .

These appear to be what to use to try to reproduce
the V1.18 pftf RPi4 release based on
https://github.com/tianocore/ materials.

Doing the same sort of thing for
https://github.com/pftf/RPi3/releases/ there is a
ab5895d listed for the most recent release (v1.29)
that is a link to:

https://github.com/pftf/RPi3/commit/ab5895ddee99b0dd9030ec052fd67b838116c377

Again the 3 Submodules are listed on the page that
takes one to:

edk2
edk2-non-osi
edk2-platforms

Looking at each shows that they match the RPi4 example:

edk2:           aa211bb
edk2-non-osi:   4f88718
edk2-platforms: b2eebc1

(This may be normal when they release the pair together.)

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of anything for macchiatobin
that is analogous to https://github.com/pftf/RPi3 and
https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 off which to derive what
source would reproduce some known release that might
have been put to use with FreeBSD (a tested combination).

Also I found nothing referencing:

openssl-openssl
ucb-bar-berkeley-softfloat
kkos-oniguruma
google-brotli

but I've not checked if these are only used for the
macchiatobin flavor vs. being more widely used.

It will be some time before I try to update from
pftf RPi4 v1.17 to v1.18 via an adjusted sysutils/edk2
built in poudriere. So I'm unsure if the above is
sufficient or not.

(Note: pftf RPi4 v1.18 in part was a work around for
a problematical start4.elf / fixup4.dat update,
reverting to "a version published before 2020.07.14"
for the .elf and .dat returned to things working.
bd816db is what broke them and 46e2c3e included
the fix to them. The same applies to RPI3's v1.29,
but for start.elf and fixup.dat instead.)

I have access to a MACCHITObin Double Shot --but it is
based on using a personal uefi/acpi build that I was
given access to. I've no clue how to reproduce it
from what source. I've no clue what would be good to
build for @macchiatobin use. (It need not match what
is good for the RPi3 and RPi4 as far as I can tell,
although such might work currently(?).)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com