[HEADS UP] Planned deprecation of portsnap

Chris portmaster at BSDforge.com
Wed Aug 5 04:50:42 UTC 2020

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 06:40:39 +0200 Kurt Jaeger pi at freebsd.org said

> Hi!
>
> > > * This migration away from portsnap fits well with the planned
> > > migration to git.
>
> > Please tell me that this doesn't mean a
> >
> > [HEADS UP] Planned deprecation of subversion
> >
> > is on the horizon.
>
> There's a list where the git topic is discussed:
>
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-git/
>
> Have a look at the archive, and yes, subversion as version control
> system for the FreeBSD project will probably be replaced by git.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, Kurt! :-)

This is very bad news for us. I can make so many arguments against
dropping subversion. It's really not (needn't be) a matter of either/or.

Thanks again, Kurt. Even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

--Chris