Applying distribution patches for u-boot-rpi4-2020.04 fails during build (poudriere-devel context)

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 26 07:47:04 UTC 2020

On 2020-Apr-25, at 02:00, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 10:56:47 +0200
> Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 00:43:27 -0700
>> Mark Millard via freebsd-uboot <freebsd-uboot at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>>> From the log file:
>>>
>>> ===>  Patching for u-boot-rpi4-2020.04
>>> ===>  Applying distribution patches for u-boot-rpi4-2020.04
>>> 2 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to scripts/dtc/libfdt/fdt_addresses.c.rej
>>
>> We don't have such patch in the tree.
>
> Sorry, it's
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20190726091339.24420-1-matthias.bgg@kernel.org/
>
> I think I didn't had this port on my list of u-boot port to check,
> I'll fix that today.

Thanks for the fix. I've finally updated from head -r359427
to -r360311 (non-debug kernel), including u-boot.bin and
FreeBSD loader.efi updates. The RPi4 is operational with the
updates.

I fairly frequently see controller-timeout based
mountroot failures like Søren Schmidt reported
on the freebsd-arm list. But, other than that,
things seem to still be working that worked before
for my very basic usage4 context --and EtherNet
has been working when the RPi4 boots.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com