python 2.7 marked as deprecated and EOL while 2.7.18 RC is available

Kurt Jaeger pi at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 23 19:46:27 UTC 2020

Hi!

> I clean almost everything except print/lyx which I am using and I like
> it (with latex-beamer). I try to build with Python 3.7 but not success.
> I do not now if I am one of the "rare" user or is port dead.

The port is up to date with version 2.3.4.2.

Can you try to ask upstream ? In their bugtracker ?

https://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome

There's a closed bug that tracked this topic:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9006

and it says that lyx after 2.3.0 should work with py3.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?