python 2.7 marked as deprecated and EOL while 2.7.18 RC is available

ajtiM starikarp at dismail.de
Sat Apr 18 15:18:15 UTC 2020

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 04:57:32 -0500
D'Arcy Cain <darcy at druid.net> wrote:

> On 2020-04-18 04:06, andrew clarke wrote:
> > Out of interest I ran "pkg del python27" on my FreeBSD machine just
> > to see what would break. Conspicuous was devel/mercurial:
>
> I did the same thing.  Out of 19 packages to be deleted here are the
> four that matter.  I believe the rest are mainly dependencies for
> these four.
>
>         asterisk16: 16.9.0
>         freeradius3: 3.0.20
>         lilypond: 2.18.2_10
>         mailman: 2.1.29_6

On mine (just some of them)

	FreeCAD: 0.18.4_4
	asciidoc: 8.6.10_1
	doxygen: 1.8.15_3,2
	en-gimp-help-html: 2.10.0_1
	gimp: 2.10.18,2
	inkscape: 0.92.4_16
	latex-beamer: 3.57
	llvm60: 6.0.1_7
	lyx: 2.3.4.2
	opencascade: 7.4.0_2

BTW, I do not know why some apps need llvm60 still:
pkg delete llvm60:

FreeCAD: 0.18.4_4
	llvm60: 6.0.1_7
	py37-pyside2: 5.14.2
	py37-pyside2-tools: 5.14.2
	py37-shiboken2: 5.14.2
--
Ernst Lubitsch’s Ninotchka:

“‘Waiter! A cup of coffee without cream, please!’ ‘I’m sorry, sir, we
have no cream, only milk, so can it be a coffee without milk?’”