editors/atom: build error on 13.0-CURRENT

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 16 06:49:44 UTC 2020

On 15 Apr 2020, at 22:14, Vidar Karlsen <vidar at karlsen.tech> wrote:

> I'm getting an error building editors/atom on 13.0-CURRENT:
>> ===>  Building for atom-ide-1.45.0
>> cd /usr/ports/editors/atom/work/node-v10.2.1 [...]
>> WARNING: C++ compiler too old, need g++ 4.9.4 or clang++ 3.4.2 (CXX=c++)
>> ERROR: Did not find a new enough assembler, install one or build with
>>       --openssl-no-asm.
>>       Please refer to BUILDING.md
>
> Adding --openssl-no-asm to the ./configure line (Makefile line 115) seems to bypass the problem, and it builds, runs and works fine as far as I can see, but I don't know if this can affect some of the functionality.
>
> BUILDING.md says it needs llvm 3.3 or higher, and I have clang 10.0.0. Is this simply a version check gone wrong in node?

Very likely. When FreeBSD went to version 10, lots of sloppy configure
scripts then started to assume they were dealing with FreeBSD 1.x, and
did *strange* things. I would look for an expression "1*" in the
script. :)

-Dimitry