amdgpu panics

Tatsuki Makino tatsuki_makino at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 9 06:18:33 UTC 2020

Grzegorz Junka wrote on 2020/04/09 06:54:

> On 06/04/2020 22:08, Tatsuki Makino wrote:
>> Sorry, I derail from this topic.
>>
>> I have cloned the host to poudriere with the following command.
>>
>> poudriere jail -c -j src -m 'src=/usr/src' -v `make -C /usr/src/release/
>> -V VERSION VERSION=\$\{REVISION:Q\}-\$\{BRANCH:Q\}`
>>
>> Since the name of this jail is src, create src.conf as follows.
>>
>> ln -s /etc/src.conf /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/src-src.conf
>>
>> Probably, this reproduces the same environment as the host... maybe :)
>

> Just trying this now. Poudriere's help says that -v only makes sense for
> method ftp and svn. For other methods, especially for src that you are
> using, the value is only for display.
>
> Also, I don't think specifying src.conf for jail created with method src
> makes sense? It assumes that the world and kernel is already build. I
> would expect this to only take any effect when creating with -b or with
> method svn?

I wrote the -v jumble because it was troublesome when 12.1-STABLE was
changed to 12.2-PRERELEASE. If -v is omitted, an error may have occurred.
I don't know what's being used internally...

-m src=... will install files that already exist in /usr/obj. If
/etc/src.conf prevents builds of unnecessary files, some files will be
missing.
...However, I do not know if the created symlink to /etc/src.conf solves
the problem :)

The poudriere jail created in this way can be updated immediately after
buildworld+buildkernel+installkernel+installworld(+reboot) the host with
the following command.

poudriere jail -u -j src