amdgpu panics

Hans Petter Selasky hps at selasky.org
Mon Apr 6 07:21:33 UTC 2020

> They don't match, and they can't.
>
> Files in /boot/modules have been installed by drm-fbsd12.0-kmod and
> files in /boot/kernel have been installed by FreeBSD-kernel-venus-12.1_3
> (venus is the name I gave the kernel configuration).

Is drm-fbsd12.0-kmod built using the same sources as
FreeBSD-kernel-venus-12.1_3. Can you try this:

1) Build and install a fresh 12-stable kernel, not release kernel, from
/usr/src
2) Build and install /usr/ports/graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod
3) Build and install /usr/ports/graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod

> I built the ports and the kernel on the same system but at different
> times. First I updated all sources (/usr/src and /usr/ports) then I
> built packages. When that didn't work, few days later I built the kernel
> and world. No updates to the sources have been made between those two.
>
> kldload /boot/modules/drm.ko /boot/modules/amdgpu.ko  <- doesn't work,
> system halts after loading one of the vega10 modules.

--HPS