amdgpu panics

Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com
Sun Apr 5 21:58:42 UTC 2020

On 05/04/2020 13:40, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 2020-04-05 14:18, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
>>
>> How can I debug what's wrong?
>
> Can you check the timestamps for:
>
> ls -l /boot/modules
>
> and
>
> ls -l /boot/kernel
>
> That they match?
>
> Try loading like this:
>
> kldload /boot/modules/drm.ko /boot/modules/amdgpu.ko
>
> --HPS

They don't match, and they can't.

Files in /boot/modules have been installed by drm-fbsd12.0-kmod and
files in /boot/kernel have been installed by FreeBSD-kernel-venus-12.1_3
(venus is the name I gave the kernel configuration).

I built the ports and the kernel on the same system but at different
times. First I updated all sources (/usr/src and /usr/ports) then I
built packages. When that didn't work, few days later I built the kernel
and world. No updates to the sources have been made between those two.

kldload /boot/modules/drm.ko /boot/modules/amdgpu.ko  <- doesn't work,
system halts after loading one of the vega10 modules.

GrzegorzJ