NEED HELP: Poudriere error: Refuses to install postgresql11-server

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE
Sat Apr 4 09:04:32 UTC 2020

While preparing upgrading postgresql11 to 12, I changed
the poudriere make.conf from
	DEFAULT_VERSIONS= pgsql=11
	DEFAULT_VERSIONS= pgsql=12
and installed the postgresql12 packages in a different root.

Now while testing migration of data with pg_upgrade, I got
	ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libicuuc.so.66" not found, required by "postgres"

pg_upgrade requires the none-postgresql libraries on the default path and
devel/icu has been moved from 65 to 66 meanwhile.

I switched poudrieres make.conf back to pgsql=11 and did a bulk build:
—
[00:00:48] Committing packages to repository: /hpool/poudriere/data/packages/121amd64-default/.real_1585987682 via .latest symlink
[00:00:48] Removing old packages
[00:00:48] Built ports: databases/postgresql11-client databases/ip4r devel/icu databases/postgresql11-contrib databases/postgresql11-server

pkg now refuses to upgrade these packages on the server:

solver: cannot find provide for requirement libicui18n.so.65 when processing package: postgresql11-server
solver: cannot find provide for requirement libLLVM-9.so when processing package: postgresql11-server
solver: cannot find provide for requirement libicuuc.so.65 when processing package: postgresql11-server

No problems to install the pkgs on a test host.

I now deleted the packages on the server and tried to re-install them, but pkg refuses it:

root at db3:~ # pkg update -f
Updating lrau-repo repository catalogue...
lrau-repo repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
root at db3:~ # pkg install postgresql11-server
Updating lrau-repo repository catalogue...
lrau-repo repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
The following 3 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
	icu: 66.1,1
	postgresql11-client: 11.7
	postgresql11-server: 11.7_1

Number of packages to be installed: 3

The process will require 69 MiB more space.
16 MiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y

How to fix this?

help urgently needed as DBs on db3 are down!

Axel
---
PGP-Key: CDE74120  ☀  computing @ chaos claudius