Reinstalling with dependencies

Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com
Wed May 22 12:11:08 UTC 2019

On 22/05/2019 12:51, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 12:43:33PM +0100, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
>> Is there any way to reinstall a package with all its dependencies?
>>

>> I am getting the following error:
>>
>> root at someserv:~ # pkg check -d
>> Checking all packages: 100%
>> elinks is missing a required shared library: libjs.so
>>

> 2 reasons may happen for that to happen:
> 1/ spidermonkey17 does not have a proper SONAME for the libjs.so file it
> provides (bug 1)
> 2/ somehow the linked port seems to not register properly spidermonkey17 as a
> direct dependency of elinks when the option is checked (bug 2)
>
> I have checked the case 1 and yes libjs.so is buggy I haven't yet checked the
> case 2, but I quite sure there is a bug there as well, resulting in a package
> that does not have the proper dependencies registered at the creation
>
> Best regards,
> Bapt

Are you saying that even if elinks was reinstalled with dependencies
that wouldn't help?

We have two issues here:

1. How to reinstall a package with dependencies (as stated in the subject)

2. Would reinstalling elinks with all dependencies fix the issue
mentioned in the email

I have a couple more packages broken like elinks. I didn't include them
because I only wanted to post an example and assumed they would be fixed
if I reinstalled them properly. But here we go:

root at someserv:~ # pkg check -d
Checking all packages: 100%
elinks is missing a required shared library: libjs.so
fireflies is missing a required shared library: libgfx.so
py27-exiv2 is missing a required shared library: libexiv2.so.26

There was also virtuoso but I deinstalled it assuming it's an old
version (the new version doesn't build due to openssl 1.1.0 issue).

So now I have two questions: Is it possible to reinstall a package with
it's dependencies? And what to do with those broken packages above,
should I report a bug?