UNAME_r and OSVERSION mismatch - annoying error

Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com
Tue May 21 20:29:37 UTC 2019

Hi,

poudriere options -c -j 12rel0 -p local -z desktop audio/sdl_sound

throws at me:

make: "/usr/local/poudriere/ports/gui/Mk/bsd.port.mk" line 1203: UNAME_r
(12.0-RELEASE-p4) and OSVERSION (1102000) do not agree on major version
number.

What's the easiest way for (temporarily) disabling this error so that I
can set the options?

Yes, poudriere is compiling with 12.0-RELEASE-p4 jail on a host with
12.0-RELEASE-p4 kernel but with 11.2-RELEASE-p4 userland. I am just in
the middle of upgrading the ports and need to recompile one port with
different options before I can finish upgrading the userland.

Also, is this error expected in that scenario? When I was trying to
compile using 12 jail on a host with 11 kernel poudriere was only
showing an error that build errors may occur but never refused to at
least try to compile. This makefile doesn't even try to set my options.
Pretty annoying.

I guess I would support merging this patch:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2015-June/099621.html

Thanks

GrzegorzJ