maintenance of gcc cross ports

James Shuriff james at opentech.cc
Sat May 18 12:29:22 UTC 2019

The powerpc64-gcc port and all the ports that use it as a master (aarch64-gcc, aarch64-none-elf-gcc, amd64-gcc, arm-none-eabi-gcc, i386-gcc, mips-gcc, mips64-gcc, and sparc64-gcc) are very old and use buggy makefiles. I would like to take over maintenance of these ports. Powerpc64-gcc uses an old version of gcc and the makefile is buggy. Certain variables use bad regular expressions thus don't do what they're supposed to do. I've fixed up the makefiles and made new plists with a newer version of gcc.

- James Shuriff

DISCLAIMER: This message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the recipient and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error please delete it and promptly notify the sender, James Shuriff (james at opentech.cc<mailto:james at opentech.cc>).