Electrum connection error

Emanuel Haupt ehaupt at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 13 19:56:36 UTC 2019

Sid <sid at bsdmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following error when running finance/electrum from the
> command line,

[snip]

> aiorpcx.Connector(NotificationSession, AttributeError: module
> 'aiorpcx' has no attribute 'Connector'

Unfortunately the most recent update of devel/py-aiorpcX to 0.18.0
broke finance/electrum. It's even listed in the requirements:

$ grep aiorpcx \
	work-py36/Electrum-3.3.5/contrib/requirements/requirements.txt
aiorpcx>=0.17,<0.18

A diff between aiorpcx 0.17.0 and 0.18.0 shows that there was quite a
churn that can't be easily fixed.

For now I've downgraded devel/py-aiorpcX to 0.17.0,1 and bumped the
electrum port.

Updating the ports tree and updating the two ports manually will solve
the issue until the package builders have caught up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Emanuel