Switching to openssl111

Mel Pilgrim list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com
Sun Jun 23 21:32:15 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-23 7:22, Carmel NY wrote:
> FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE-p6 GENERIC  amd64
> openssl version: OpenSSL 1.0.2s  28 May 2019
>
> I want to use openssl111 so I can take advantage of 'tls 1.3' with
> postfix and apache24. I am trying to determine the correct procedure to
> use. I am using poudriere to build my packages and then install them.
>
> 1) Modify the "/usr/local/poudriere/make.conf" file by adding:
>
> 	DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl111
>
> 2)	Run the following commands:
>
> 	pkg set -o /security/openssl:security/openssl111
> 	poudriere bulk -j "12amd64" "security/openssl111"
> 	pkg install -Rf security/openssl111
[...]
> 	pkg delete -f security/openssl

You can't do this one piecemeal.  Openssl and openssl111 conflict.
After changing DEFAULT_VERSIONS, you must do a full bulk run and pkg
upgrade to switch all OpenSSL users from one version to another in one
go.  Pkg upgrade will uninstall security/openssl for you.

> I assume I should do a reboot of the machine to insure that everything
> actually loads and works correctly.

A reboot isn't required.  Just restart any running services that use
OpenSSL from Ports.