Potential New FreeBSD Port: php72-pecl-DS - Data Structures

Oliver Schonrock oliver at schonrocks.com
Fri Jul 12 09:21:56 UTC 2019

Hello PECL port maintainers

There is a appealing "newish" pecl php extension, which addresses some
of php's long standing shortcomings in well defined data structures
replacing the ubiquitous "array()".

Efficient data structures for PHP 7, provided as an alternative to the
array <https://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.array.php>.

https://www.php.net/manual/en/book.ds.php

https://github.com/php-ds/ext-ds

https://medium.com/@rtheunissen/efficient-data-structures-for-php-7-9dda7af674cd

Interest has been expressed from several FreeBSD users wanting to use
this extension for data intensive projects:

https://github.com/php-ds/ext-ds/issues/142

There does not appear to be a current FreeBSD port for this extension,
and we are wondering whether there is a specific reason, such as
compilation or other problems, or whether it is simply a matter of port
maintainer bandwidth?

If it is the latter, and there are no known issues, I am happy to help
create/compile/test. The extension is very actively maintained, and devs
have offered help.

Your input and help is appreciated.

Thanks

--