Improvement to port games/ioquake3

Greg Kennedy kennedy.greg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 01:52:18 UTC 2019

The port games/ioquake3-server can be used to build a dedicated server for
Quake 3 and derivative games.  However, it doesn't come with an rc script
to launch at system boot or on demand.  This makes it a bit tricky to run
the dedicated server.

This port is a "slave port" that depends on the master port games/ioquake
to actually retrieve the source and build everything.

I have modified the master port so it now builds and installs an rc script
to launch when configured to build the server.  In addition, there is a
sample .cfg file to start a LAN server which can be modified by the end
user, but provides a sane starting point for running the game.

I think this port has no maintainer so I have no idea who to ping to have
this committed :)