raspberrypi-userland conflicts with mesa-libs

adr adr at SDF.ORG
Thu Jul 11 22:08:32 UTC 2019

First of all, hello to everyone.

I'm new to FreeBSD (not to BSD), so pardon me if I look
disoriented.

Making the userland conflict with mesa-libs is like shooting
in your own foot in this platform.

Omxplayer is a good media player, I modified those ports to
be able to be installed in an X environment, and it works really
good. The only bug I've seen is the osd been out of place. Also
you are not installing dbuscontrol.sh. This is a good example of
how to control omxplayer with dbus. I use it directly with
key bindings, in my case with twm (I just changed the name to omxctrl):

"h" = m4|s : all : ! "omxctrl hidevideo &"
"u" = m4|s : all : ! "omxctrl unhidevideo &"
"s" = m4|s : all : ! "omxctrl togglesubtitles &"
"1" = m4|s : all : ! "omxctrl setvideopos 0 0 600 400; omxctrl setaspectmode letterbox &"
"f" = m4|s : all : ! "omxctrl setvideopos 0 0 1920 1080; omxctrl setaspectmode letterbox &"
"equal" = m4|s : all : ! "omxctrl volumeup &"
"minus" = m4|s : all : ! "omxctrl volumedown &"
"q" = m4|s : all : ! "omxctrl stop &"
"Space" = m4|s : all : ! "omxctrl pause &"
"p" = m4 : all : ! "sh -c 'omxplayer $(youtube-dl --no-playlist -g -f mp4 $(xsel -p))' &"
... you have an idea.

Indeed there are a lot of software that support the rpi
hardware.

Vlc has even a new "split" rpi driver that integrates the
player perfectly with the X environment keeping the hardware
acceleration. I don't really like this player, but it is the best
integrated with X, and is very popular. I'll try to compile it with
rpi support on FreeBSD.

Also, I've seen qt5-webengine as a binary package. If I remember
right, it uses gstreamer, and gstreamer also has an omx plugin.
I'll try to code a simple browser.

ffmpeg, xine, ... as I said, you are shooting your own foot. Just peek a
new prefix, update these ports to use it and add the path to libconfig
or just print a message advising the use of LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Just an advise.

Regards,
adr.