ffmpeg port

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Wed Jul 10 19:26:19 UTC 2019

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 00:01, Jan Beich <jbeich at freebsd.org> wrote:

> (CC'ing appropriate public list. If you want me to care don't send private mails.)
>
> Jason de Cordoba <jason at aventia.pw> writes:
>
> > OMG
> >
> > Please stick with something stable and don't update this port 5-6 times
> > a month.
> >
> > Thanks for your contributions to FreeBSD
> >
> > Have a great day,
> >
> > Jason
>
> I mainly bump PORTREVISION when ABI changes. Bumping for non-default
> options is a policy described in Porter's Handbook.
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/makefile-naming.html#makefile-portrevision

You should be praised for doing the _right_ thing, instead of being
criticized. It's up to each port-user as to whether they want to
update their pkgs or not. The only expectation most users have is that
it should _work_, build times are irrelevant.

My 2 cents.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>