PHP 7.2: SIGSEGV in OpenSSL

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Wed Apr 24 16:34:12 UTC 2019

> Am 23.04.2019 um 18:01 schrieb Kurt Jaeger <pi at freebsd.org>:
>
> Hi!
>
>> Did you find a solution? Please let me know.
>
> There's a well-known problem in the sequence in which php modules
> are loaded. I don't know if this is the case here as well,
> but that's what we do:
>
> fetch -o fixphpextorder \
>        https://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/scripts/fixphpextorder.sh
> chmod 755 fixphpextorder
>
> cd /usr/local/etc/php
> cat ext-*ini > extensions.ini
> fixphpextorder
> mv extensions.ini.new extensions.ini
> rm ext-*ini
>
> Please test and report if it fixes the problem.

Thanks Kurt, it appears to fix (or at least work around) the problem.

Why is the default load order broken? Why does it not affect everyone?

I moved all the individual inis into a bak subdir, and now only have an extensions.ini.

If I understand correctly, mod_php/PHP reads the individual inis in order. Why aren’t they in the right order? Can this be fixed in the ports for the PHP modules?

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811