category for VPN softwares?

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Tue Apr 2 12:13:51 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 11:38:15AM +0200, Mateusz Piotrowski wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 10:58, Stefan Esser <se at freebsd.org> wrote:

<snip>

> > and preserving the current categories
> > of the ports as their additional categories (assuming that they are in net
> > vs. security for a reason).
> >

> I like the idea.

Hey if you can convince port managers that a new real category is in
order I'll petition for a real hamradio category. We are currently
split between audio, comms, misc, cad ... ;)

It will be much easier getting a new virtual category than a real category.
I'd agree a real category for both vpn and hamradio would be nice but
it's a PITA and personally I don't feel it matters that much.

--
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://artemis.db.net/~db