ports -r484565 : qemu-arm-static fails with: (start < end), function page_set_flags, file . . . accel/tcg/translate-all.c, line 2077

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 16:41:09 UTC 2018

[Ignore: -r487807 was built but not installed.]

On 2018-Nov-10, at 08:26, Mark Millard <marklmi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2018-Nov-10, at 06:45, Sean Bruno <sbruno at freebsd.org <http://freebsd.org/>> wrote:
>

>> On 11/10/18 7:04 AM, Mark Millard wrote:
>>> I did not have this problem at all when based on -r480180 .
>>

>> Ok.  We'll take a quick look.
>
> Reverting qemu-sbruno to -r438807 still gets the assert.

The revert was incomplete by not being installed, just built. I'll
run the test again.

Teach me to try to make progress after waking up in the middle
of the night.

> May be the updated pkg touches a bug that was present before?
>
> I'll try reverting to -r478711 (which would be back to what -r480180 had
> for qemu-sbruno but still -r484565 based pkg).
>

> For reference:
>
> I'll note that I've tried both without and with the patch in the
> below and it made no difference to the problem:
>
> https://github.com/MikaelUrankar/qemu-bsd-user/commit/d6f65a7f07d280b6906d499d8e465d4d2026c52b <https://github.com/MikaelUrankar/qemu-bsd-user/commit/d6f65a7f07d280b6906d499d8e465d4d2026c52b>
>
> (I checked that the patch makes the field offsets involved match
> for the amd64 running armv7 code context and that the the code
> structure depends on the offsets matching.)

This last part does apply to the original -r484565 test.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net <http://dsl-only.net/> went