options DOCS + EXAMPLES

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 2 10:24:59 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 10:49:52AM +0100, Harry Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> found out that the need to define DOCS and EXAMPLES in OPTIONS_DEFINE was
> made mandatory some time ago, which ports-mgmt/portlint isn't aware about
> yet (found https://reviews.freebsd.org/D13036).
>
> I intentionally haven't defined it, because I want to make use of the
> bsd.ports.mk handling of PORTDOCS and PORTEXAMPLES, but don't want to spam
> the UI.  EXAMPLES and DOCS shall stay mandatory for my port, as long as the
> user changes the corresponding defaults.
>
> How do I hide the user selection for EXAMPLES and DOCS after the change
> (which I wasn't able to find by reading commit logs)?

I am not sure what you are asking.

To be able to use PORTDOCS or PORTEXAMPLES, you must define a DOCS or an
EXAMPLES option.

The users must be allowed to choose if they want documentation or
examples to be installed.  If you personnaly do not want the options
dialog to show up when you build ports, you can set BATCH in your
environment.

--
Mathieu Arnold