Lightning removed from ThunderBird?

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Wed May 23 05:07:55 UTC 2018

Hello.

As an heavy user of ThunderBird + Ligthning I was a bit worried when I
saw the following commit message this morning:

> mail/thunderbird: drop LIGHTNING as it's unusable after r470672

I understand this was later backed out, but I'd like to ask some questions.

Is Lightning going away or is this temporary?
In the former case, are there any suggested replacements?
Or can Lightning be installed independently of the port?

Any pointer to what's going on here more generally?

Has this anything to do with the (imminent?) switch to version 60?

Sorry to bother, but I just would like to avoid being caught by surprise
if/when Lightning will suddenly stop working one morning...

  bye & Thanks
	av.