Perl help needed

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sat Mar 31 17:06:49 UTC 2018

Christoph Moench-Tegeder writes:

>  > Socket.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched
>  > (got handshake key 0xd200080, needed 0xdf00080)
>
>  The perl default version changed - are you sure your perl and modules
>  still match? See UPDATING 20180330.
>  The error message is just what I'd expect for a mismatch.

	Following this path seems to have fixed things.
	Warning to anyone who does this:
	On a system with over 850 ports, 32 starting with "p5-", the
list of dependent ports portmaster created from
"pkg shlib -qR libperl.so.5.24" was over 200, including things like
FireFox and llvm50 (llvm is required for mesa-dri).  Total rebuild
time was many hours on a lightly loaded 4 core*3 ghz machine.

	My profuse thinks to all who offered advice.

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff