FreeBSD textproc/elasticsearch6 does not honour /etc/profile

Leander Schäfer info at netocean.de
Sat Mar 31 07:25:33 UTC 2018

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know about the elasticsearch_env="" - so
thanksfor that. So my follow-up questions are:

  * How would I have to set up elasticsearch_env="", cause according to
    the man of env elasticsearch_env="-S -P
    /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin" wouldn't do the job.
  * What needs to be changed, so elasticsearch's auto detect script
    would work with regular values of PATH? Cause currently the default
    PATH is like: PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin and this won't work
    with an openjdk compiled from ports. Cause this would be my prefered
    way.

Can I post your replies in the FreeBSD forum? Might be useful for others
as well ;)

Thanks a lot

Best regards,
Leander