perl5.24 build failing on a new 11.1-STABLE install

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Tue Mar 27 20:13:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have just recently installed 11.1-STABLE on one of me laptops (Lenovo T470s)
and when I attempt to build the perl5.24 port it errors out with this:

--- perl ---
cc -o perl -lpthread -Wl,-E  -fstack-protector-strong -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.24/mach/CORE maindtrace/perlmain.o dtrace_main.o  libperl.so.5.24.3 `cat ext.libs` -lpthread -lm -lcrypt -lutil
maindtrace/perlmain.o: In function `main':
perlmain.c:(.text+0xa4): undefined reference to `perl_parse'
perlmain.c:(.text+0xb4): undefined reference to `perl_run'
perlmain.c:(.text+0x128): undefined reference to `perl_destruct'
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
*** [perl] Error code 1

The system 'uname -a' is:

FreeBSD exar.immure.com 11.1-STABLE FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE #0 r331606: Tue Mar 27 07:27:39 CDT 2018     bob at exar.immure.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/EXAR  amd64

It looks like (some) functions within perl.c are undefined. I have a number
of other systems where this isn't a problem. Indeed, this is the only one
with this failure.

Anyone have any idea as to what may be wrong with or missing on this system?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | The amount of flak received on any subject is inversely
bob at immure.com | proportional to the subject's true value.