What is the status of the ical calendar program?

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Tue Mar 20 12:39:19 UTC 2018

Attempting to build ical on any of my 12.0-CURRENT systems results in this
error:

fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
3836 warnings and 20 errors generated.
*** [main.o] Error code 1

make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/deskutils/ical/work/ical-2.2
1 error

make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/deskutils/ical/work/ical-2.2
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/deskutils/ical

So it looks like ical is currently broken in CURRENT. Are there any plans to
fix this? Alternatively, is there some other calendar program that folks use
that is a good replacement. So far, the several I have tried (xcaledar,
phpicalendar, gsimplecal, & gnome-calendar) don't seem like good substitutes.

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | The amount of flak received on any subject is inversely
bob at immure.com | proportional to the subject's true value.