Any way to prevent do-extract chmod and chown?

Joseph Ward jbwlists at hilltopgroup.com
Thu Jun 28 17:45:50 UTC 2018

Thank you.  I found that to be the case; even though changing the
"do-extract" target successfully staged the files and directories with
the original permissions, pkg create seems to strip them out again
without the pkg-plist additions.

Are you aware of an easy/already existing command to create the
pkg-plist with the user/group/permissions items for each file, or is
that a script I'm going to have to write manually?  I'm currently using
the makeplist target as there are no subsitutions or anything else that
would screw up the default scenario.

Thanks,

Joseph