security/py-certbot ignores --standalone

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Sun Jun 24 14:02:42 UTC 2018

Hello,

context is 12.0-CURRENT #0 r335317 and ports r473196 on amd64.

I haven't got a webserver installed yet, so I install
security/py-certbot and run it with the intention of spinning up its
standalone server, to create/fetch the certs. But it always wants to
verify the domain using the webroot method, no matter if I select
standalone from the interactive option or --standalone to run it on one
line.

Is ports@ the right place to report this?

root at v007:/usr/ports/security/py-certbot# certbot certonly
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

How would you like to authenticate with the ACME CA?
1: Spin up a temporary webserver (standalone)
2: Place files in webroot directory (webroot)
Select the appropriate number [1-2] then [enter] (press 'c' to cancel): 1

Plugins selected: Authenticator standalone, Installer None
Please enter in your domain name(s) (comma and/or space separated)
(Enter 'c'
to cancel): [REDACTED]

Obtaining a new certificate
Performing the following challenges:
http-01 challenge for [REDACTED]
Waiting for verification...
Cleaning up challenges
Failed authorization procedure. [REDACTED] (http-01):
urn:acme:error:connection :: The server could not connect to the client
to verify the domain :: Fetching
http://[REDACTED]/.well-known/acme-challenge/x02YKwY5V0fWT_frDkJjJlUvZ5ErLZ38c41F2BJs-Uo:
Connection refused

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  - The following errors were reported by the server:

    Domain: [REDACTED]
    Type:   connection
    Detail: Fetching

http://[REDACTED]/.well-known/acme-challenge/x02YKwY5V0fWT_frDkJjJlUvZ5ErLZ38c41F2BJs-Uo:
    Connection refused

    To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
    entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
    contain(s) the right IP address. Additionally, please check that
    your computer has a publicly routable IP address and that no
    firewalls are preventing the server from communicating with the
    client. If you're using the webroot plugin, you should also verify
    that you are serving files from the webroot path you provided.