make[1]: cannot open Makefile for new custom port

Joseph Ward jbwlists at hilltopgroup.com
Sat Jun 23 18:38:15 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm attempting to make my first port which is attempting to literally
unpack a tgz into the correct location.  I'm wanting a port, as I want
this to be versioned and upgradable on all my systems via pkg (as well
as to handle dependencies, etc).

I'm attempting to use make makeplist to create the initial pkg-plist as
there are a lot of files present, and I'm getting the following error:

# make makeplist
===>  License BSD4CLAUSE accepted by the user
===>   nebula-db-0.1 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
===> Fetching all distfiles required by nebula-db-0.1 for building
===>  Extracting for nebula-db-0.1
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for nebula-db-0.1.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for nebula-db-0.1
===>  Configuring for nebula-db-0.1
===>  Staging for nebula-db-0.1
===>   Generating temporary packing list
make[1]: cannot open Makefile.

make[1]: stopped in
/usr/local/poudriere/ports/nebula/misc/nebula-db/work/nebula-db-0.1
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/local/poudriere/ports/nebula/misc/nebula-db

I get this when I do "make stage" as well.

I tried tracing what's going on in bsd.port.mk, but I have to admit that
I got pretty lost.

my Makefile is (using "set list" in vi in case non-printable characters
matter):

# $FreeBSD$$
$
PORTNAME=^Inebula-db$
DISTVERSION=^I0.1$
CATEGORIES=^Imisc$
MASTER_SITES=^Ifile:///root/jail_ports/files/$
$
MAINTAINER=^Ime at hilltopgroup.com$
COMMENT=^IJail containing postgres for the nebula system$
$
LICENSE=^IBSD4CLAUSE$
$
NO_BUILD=^Iyes$
ONLY_FOR_ARCHS=^Iamd64$
ONLY_FOR_ARCHS_REASON=^Ipre-built jail on amd64$
$
NO_WRKSUBDIR=^Iyes$
$
.include <bsd.port.mk>$

And at that.. I'm stuck.  If it would help, I can post the actual
distfile on a server and provide the link, but it's a tar.gz file
containing a /usr/local/jail/db directory which is just a populated jail.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Joseph