Of Git and M$

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Fri Jun 15 16:50:46 UTC 2018

> On 15. Jun 2018, at 18:37, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Jun 2018, Michael Gmelin wrote:
>>
>> github != git
>
> I didn't say that it was; did you misunderstand my message or something?

> someone looking for an alternative to something now owned by M$

Your email sounded like you’re looking for an alternative to git because MS bought github. As git doesn’t require github (and there are alternatives to that too, including hosting a git repo yourself) your logic didn’t add up and I assumed you thought that owning github means owning git, which is not the case.

-m