Hadoop-ecosystem ports

Johannes Jost Meixner johannes at perceivon.net
Thu Jul 12 16:19:30 UTC 2018

Hi ports@

I will be working on making Hadoop a first class citizen on FreeBSD.

This will include bumping the existing ports for Hadoop, HBase, Oozie,
Spark (probably some others as well), and creating ports for HUE, Sqoop,
Zeppelin, Flume, Ambari and a variety of other projects maintained by
the ASF. Think Hortonworks HDP/Cloudera CDH/MapR, just on FreeBSD.

This can't be done on just one laptop  and I'm looking for people
interested in testing and reviewing them.

Preferably also someone with hardware to stand up a large enough cluster
as reference architecture, to show that Hadoop on FreeBSD trumps Hadoop
on Linux.

What's a good mailing list to coordinate this effort on? Given that
they're mostly Apache projects, would apache@ be a good fit?

--

Best regards,

Johannes Meixner