net/isc-dhcp43-server won't start at boot

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue Feb 20 15:16:49 UTC 2018

Hello.

As per subject, on a 11.1p5, dhcpd will sometimes not start at boot.
The only things I get in all.log is:
> kernel: Script /usr/local/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd interrupted

... which will not help much in diagnosing what's wrong.

In dhcpd.log I have:
> dhcpd: Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.3.6
> dhcpd: Copyright 2004-2017 Internet Systems Consortium.
> dhcpd: All rights reserved.
> dhcpd: For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Normally these lines would be followed by:
> dhcpd: Config file: /usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf
> dhcpd: Database file: /var/db/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases
> dhcpd: PID file: /var/run/dhcpd/dhcpd.pid
but this does not happen.

I found no dhcpd.core anywhere.

Logging in and issuing "service isc-dhcpd start" will work as expected
(but several other outages will have happened, before I discover this
problem).

Any hint?

  bye & Thanks
	av.