FreeBSD Palemoon branding violation

Dan Mahoney (Gushi) freebsd at
Wed Feb 7 06:37:05 UTC 2018

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2018, Mark Felder wrote:
>> Would you like us to delete our port of it now? I can arrange for that if
>> you insist on not having proper ports of your software. At this point it
>> might be easier to just add a clause to your license that prohibits
>> non-Linux platforms.
> You're a lot politer than I would've been; then again, being an Aussie I tend
> to be an outspoken bastard, and I would've told him to perform an
> anatomically-impossible act.
> "You will" indeed...

Technically, he wasn't wrong.  Those lines were in fact removed as part of
deleting the port :)

My $dayjob is with a company that makes open-source software which we
redistribute under the MPL.  I've shared that link with our team as an
example of the absolute wrong way to go about engaging with the community.