FreeBSD Palemoon branding violation

Mark Felder feld at
Tue Feb 6 22:21:47 UTC 2018

Dear Matt,

After your recent harassment of OpenBSD ( I decided to investigate our own packaging of Palemoon. As expected, we are also building against system libraries. You can review our build log here:

Adding configure options from /wrkdirs/usr/ports/www/palemoon/work/Pale-Moon-27.7.2_Release/.mozconfig

Would you like us to delete our port of it now? I can arrange for that if you insist on not having proper ports of your software. At this point it might be easier to just add a clause to your license that prohibits non-Linux platforms.

Let me know what you think.

  Mark Felder
  ports-secteam & portmgr member
  feld at