Port directory not found:

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 03:45:30 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Christoph Moench-Tegeder <
cmt at burggraben.net> wrote:

> ## AN (andy at neu.net):
>
> > I have been seeing this recently when upgrading ports, any suggestions
> how
> > to fix would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > # portupgrade -va
> > --->  Session started at: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:03:25 -0400
> > [Reading data from pkg(8) ... - 935 packages found - done]
> > ** Port directory not found: devel/py-setuptools at py27
>
> That looks like portupgrade doesn't know about FLAVOURS (and
> I can't find anything in it's changelog about that, so go figure).
> Alternatives are portmaster (se has added flavours support and is
> actively maintaining it (no personal experience on my side)) and
> poudriere (which tends to be a resource hog, but is _the_ ports
> build tool).
>
> Regards,
> Christoph
>
> --
> Spare Space

portmaster(8) operates very similarly to portupgrade(8). There are some
differences that can bite you, though, so read the man page first.

For updating a single port: portmaster PORTNAME (e.g. portmaster
chromium-65.0.3325.181_1)
Note that portmaster(8) treats when you type like there is an '*' at the
end, so, e.g. "portmaster virtualbox-ose" will result in both
virtualbox-ose and virtualbox-ose-kmod being updated. Very useful for
updating multiple related ports such as "portmaster p5-" to update all p5
ports.

If you are installing, you must include both the ports
subdirectory/portdirectory. E.g. graphics/ImageMagick

Options are similar, but not identical nd there are a lot of added ones. I
find "-y --clean-dirtfiles" very handy.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com