How does a port require another to be built with a certain option?

Dan Mahoney freebsd at gushi.org
Sat Apr 28 05:50:01 UTC 2018

All,

I'm trying to make a port for Paul Wouters' hash-slinger tool.  It
requires unbound built with the python bindings.

If I understand correctly, the way this would need to happen is that there
would need to be a "flavor" of dns/unbound that includes python (now that
flavors are a thing).

Worse, since it's python, I think this would result in two different
flavors.

How does one specify that flavor as a dependency?

Meta-question: Is it worth creating multiple flavors for this?

-Dan