cannot compile www/node

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Apr 19 18:50:21 UTC 2018

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 07:06:32PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Wojciech Puchar, and lo! it spake thus:

> /usr/bin/ld:/usr/ports/www/node/work/node-v9.11.1/out/Release/obj.target/deps/v8/src/libv8_base.a:
> file format not recognized; treating as linker script

I've gotten this (well, something that looks like this anyway; I don't
have a recent error handy so I'm going by memory) regularly on node
for 6 months or so.  My workaround is to set CXX to a clang I've got
around from ports, and then it gets through fine.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net