Changing PHP default version from 5.6 to 7.2 timeframe?

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Thu Apr 19 15:30:42 UTC 2018

On 04/19/18 16:48, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> It appears that there is some work going on to prepare to switch
>> the default PHP version from 5.6 to an actively supported version.
>
> Yes.

Aren't php flavors going to somewhat make the point moot? I recently
added flavoring to the php-composer port, for example. It is now
available for any php version(in the latest packages, will trickle down
to quarterly).

PHP applications still need to be ported to flavors, it requires only a
little time.

Maybe I am missing something obvious.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>