magic syntax for most recent git from sourceforge? [solved]

Le Baron d’Merde lebarondemerde at privacychain.ch
Wed Apr 18 06:07:07 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 09:48:53PM -0600, Gary Aitken wrote:
> On 04/16/18 13:17, Gary Aitken wrote:
> > Can anyone give me the magic formula for fetching the most recent git
> > distro from sourceforge for a ports Makefile?
> >
> > The porter's handbook talks about how to fetch git repos from github
> > but not about how to get them from sourceforge.
> >
> > I've tried a few things but can't get the right combo of MASTER_SITES
> > and PORTNAME, DISTFILE, and DISTVERSION
> >
> > The git clone cmd is:
> >    git clone https://git.code.sf.net/p/nufraw/git nufraw-git
> >
> > This particular git version says it is 0.41 but attempting to fetch
> > with from
> >    PORTVERSION=    0.41
> >    MASTER_SITES=   https://sourceforge.net/projects/nufraw/files/latest/
> > doesn't work; PORTVERSION=  0.40 does.
> > I've also tried with
> >    DISTVERSION=    07ebb73a
> > with no joy.
>
> Many thanks to Jeremy Chadwick for guidance.
> Appropriate values for the above example are:
>
> DISTVERSION= 0.41
> MASTER_SITES= SOURCEFORGE/nufraw

Please use just SF instead, this is the way it is used in practice:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-distfiles.html#makefile-master_sites-popular

I guess you didn't read The 'FreeBSD Porter's Handbook' yet. :)

> A problem also encountered while searching for a solution was a stale distinfo
> left over from using the 0.40 version; moving it aside allowed the fetch to
> complete.  Apparently the distinfo file is checked during the fetch process
> if it exists, not just at extract time.

Please don't do that, run 'make makesum' instead.

Do not forget to run 'portlint -AC' and 'poudriere testport ...' before opening a
PR! ;)

Best Regards.
LBdM.