[FreeBSD-Ports-Announce] [HEADUP] FLAVORS landing.

Ryan Steinmetz zi at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 26 17:54:29 UTC 2017

On (09/26/17 16:05), Mathieu Arnold wrote:
>Hi,
>
>**Do not commit FLAVORS to any ports, a hook will prevent it, that being
>said, do try it and test what can be done.**
>
>To test this feature in poudriere, you need
>poudriere-devel-3.1.99.20170621 or later.
>
>This has been a long awaiting feature, most of the work has been done by
>bapt, bdrewery and antoine, I am just the one actually doing the
>announce and commit and all.
>
>All this information, and more to come are in the first link to our wiki
>in the bottom block. A roadmap is in the second link.
>
>To define a different flavors in a port, before any include, set:
>
>FLAVORS=  flavor1 flavor2 [...]
>
>The first flavor in the list will be the default.
>
>You can then check for flavors after includ'ing bsd.port.options.mk with:
>
>.if ${FLAVOR} == flavor2
>[change some stuff]
>.endif

Will we have the ability to do something like the following?:

FLAVORS=MYSQL REDIS NOTLS
FLAVOR_MYSQL_OPTIONS_ENABLE= MYSQL
FLAVOR_REDIS_OPTIONS_ENABLE= REDIS
FLAVOR_NOTLS_OPTIONS_DISABLE= TLS

I envision (at least for my ports) this being something very common.

I assume that the current code will already permit us to do something
like the following:

.if ${FLAVOR} == MYSQL
OPTIONS_DEFAULT+= MYSQL
.endif

-r

--
Ryan Steinmetz
PGP: 9079 51A3 34EF 0CD4 F228  EDC6 1EF8 BA6B D028 46D7