gettextsetup warnings

Zach zleslie at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 19 16:19:54 UTC 2017

On Tue 19.Sep.17 17:28, Karli Sjöberg wrote:

Hi!

> Hello!
>
> Recently I've been noticing hundreds of these messages that SirDice reports in
> this thread on ask.puppet.com:
> https://ask.puppet.com/question/31933/gettextsetup-warnings/

Indeed, I was looking at this about an hour ago.
;/
> In the thread he states that he gets them both running the puppetmaster with
> the "sysutils/puppet" and "sysutils/puppetserver" package. I myself am running
> the latter, version 2.7.2_1 and as previously stated have the same problem.
>
> I have tried the step outlined here, unfortunately doesn't help:
> https://docs.puppet.com/pe/latest/release_notes_known_issues_puppetserver.html#
> errors-logged-about-gettextsetup-initialization-failures
>
> Is this something you are aware of?

I am aware of it, but I have no answers.  I've not looked at the steps
you linked, but I'm working on puppetserver 5.1.0 and am seeing the same
issue.

> Do you perhaps have some connections over at camp Puppet that you ask
> about how
> to solve it?

I think perhaps a ticket into the Jira might be the right action here.
I'm spread a bit thin currently trying to get the next puppetserver into
the ports tree as sysutils/puppetserver5.  Help in this matter would be
appreciated, as it would help clean up my logs. :)

> Thanks in advance!
> Karli

Cheers,

--